Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sao Paulo Elephants

As far as I can tell, the elephant I found was the best thing about São Paulo. This is an utterly unfair and unqualified statement given that I saw very little of the city, but I make it anyway because I think having a blog gives me license to do so. A lot of people compare SP to NYC, but the similarities are few. There are chique restaurants and bars in both places, true, but SP is really more the sister city of LA. Short buildings except downtown, sprawl, traffic, smog, more sprawl. No beach though.

ANYWAY! Whirlwind trips full of long meetings aside, I was tickled to return to my marvelous city. This return was made even sweeter by the fact that I moved into my new home in Botafogo. You can peek down at my house by clicking here.

I couldn't ask for a nicer roomate or a more beautiful apartment and location. This evening I sat on the balcony and ate dinner looking up at Cristo and listening to Beto play guitar... beleza pura. How on earth did I get so lucky? I must have been a saint in my last life, or a brahmin perhaps.

2 comments:

  1. Jenna,
    What a relief to see a well built up blog and what fun it is to read about your SP experience. I'll surely continue reading about your adventures!

    Take care, x Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with the LA thing. I didn't find it to be NYC-like, maybe in it's internationalness but definitely more sprawly like LA. I don't even remember what I liked about the city...

    ReplyDelete