Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bem-te-vi

On my second day in Rio, I was visited on the veranda by a Bem-te-vi bird (Pitangus sulphuratus). Their call sounds like "bem-te-vi", which is sort of how one would say "nice to see you", and they are quite friendly - hence the name. It was a nice welcome!

The apartment I'm staying in for the moment has also been a very nice welcome. Tricia, Lindsay and Neal are my gracious hosts and their "cobertura" (penthouse) in Flamengo has not
one, but two verandas! They're lovely people, generous with the fresh homemade juice and coffee, and anything else one could need.

I'm sitting on the lower one at the moment - from the other patio you can see the Cristo! Tomorrow I'll get all set up at Centro LIMA where I will diligently work on my project, and will not skip work to go to the beach. I swear.

Thanks for all the well-wishes! Rio sends you um beijo!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my god Jenna this is so cool!! I'll make sure to continue to visit your blog often...can't believe you're back in Brazil again!! So Jealous!! =) Enjoy girly and I hope to see you sometime SOON!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..Ok, that might be better than your amazing dc house ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so you say you won't go to the beach, but that rede on the varanda looks awful tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful home. I love the pics and can't wait for more.
    Love,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete